Sunday, July 5, 2015

Dinner in Leon at El Braserio

This little place is in the same plaza as our hotel and they have been begging us to come in and try their meals.  We decided to give them a shot tonight and were not disappointed.

Mike had to give his name at Starbucks (yes,,,we went there) and this is how they spelled it :)
Custom-made salsa at your table!

Our accompaniments, and Maik's (Mike's) tequila set up in the back.  They serve tequila with lime juice and clamato.

My Perro Salado (Salty Dog), my new favorite!

Salsa served in a molcajete

Beef empanada appetizer, holy cow, these were good!
Chamorro Pibil (shaved pork) in tomato and creme sauce.
Mike's steak and cheese empanadas.

Delicious flan made right at the restaurant.  

I have to say that the Mexicans really know how to prepare meat.  I have never had such tender, flavorful meat before and I will truly miss it when we return to Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment